Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kiya!

I'm on a roll!  I've completed quite a few cards this weekend but you'll have to be patient to see them all.  I need to take a break, since my back is screaming at me, and go sit in front of the TV with my heating pad. But, I did want to share this card with you before I mailed it away. Isn't she a cutie!  I did a little creative stamping with the Pure Innocence karate girl and boy from My Favorite Things.  I wanted the boys body and the girls head LOL.  I think it came out just fine and nobody will the know the difference if we don't tell.  So that's the story with the girl, now the story with Kiya!  The banner was made using an SVG file, called Banner Bonaza, from McMahon Five Designs.  You can find it here.

I cut all the layers out using my Silhouette with card stock I found at my local Thrift Store. My girlie was colored with colored pencils and my aqua pen.  Kiya..well that's just a sound that is made by these karate folks (that's what I've been told anyway) I printed it freehand on the card stock, sure looks like I stamped it huh?  I'm just a little proud :-)
The inside reads 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun'  How fitting to send to my husbands grandkids who are very involved with Kenpo which is a form of Karate that their Dad teaches.
I'm glad you had a chance to stop in for a visit.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your night.
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Great card Michelle - and yes your Kiya word does look as though it was stamped - well done, you have reason to be proud!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute....Kiya! I'll see you when I get back!

    ReplyDelete