Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Card Pattern Sketch #166


Hello again.  Thanks for checking in on me. Today's card is my take on the sketch from Card Patterns 166.  It is actually quite easy to create great cards when given the option to follow a sketch.
For this card I used paper from the Dotty For You collection by Close to my Heart. I layered all the pieces with Stampin' Up! basic grey card stock. Then drew faux stitching along all the edges I then added the flowers.
The flowers are made using Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals die with newspaper. Yup, newspaper, then I painted the petals using Delphinium Turquoise starburst stain from Lindy's Stamp Gang. Aren't they beautiful!?  If anyone out there would like to have some of their own set of flowers, I have even put some up for sale at my Etsy Shop.

The shimmer on these flowers is fabulous and  of course the pictures do not do it justice. The small flowers were created with a Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch and phone book paper. I love up-cycling!

Thanks again for visiting.
m


card patterns

3 comments:

  1. very cute card! I saw this sketch & immediately thought of the Dotty for You paper! Oh & I love the newspaper dye'd flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Michelle - love the blue against the golds and oranges - great contrast. I like the new look to your blog too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, amazing colors! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week! : )

    ReplyDelete