Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Buzzing by to say Hello!

 Hello bloggy friends!  Today's post is this adorable bee and hive card.  I have used a cut file from one of my new hangouts ~ The Cutting Cafe. Isn't it so cute!  You can find the file here.  The set comes with all the cut files you need to make this card along with plenty of printable stamps and shapes that co-ordinate together.

 My black card base, bee and the entrance are from Stampin' Up! The yellow hive, bee and inside are a Recollection textured paper that I have edged with Ranger's Vintage Photo distress ink.

 I was able to run the card stock through my printer (yay!) so the verse is printed on the same paper I used for the hive.  I was quite happy to learn that my new printer had the capabilities to print on thicker paper.  :-)

Now, how about that adorable bee!  I had an idea running through my head that I wanted to use some kind of plastic and add glitter...and look what was in my head actually worked!  In my trash, I had a box with an acrylic window that did the trick.  I cut out the wings using the bee template, painted (yes I used a paint brush) glossy accents onto one side then dipped them into Martha Stewart's coarse glitter.  And voila!! This little guy came out so good!

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, and the bee is stunning!! So glad it worked out.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is soooooooooooooooooo CUTE...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! The wings on your bee are sooo cute! Great job

    ReplyDelete