Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Heart Shaped Easel Card

Hello my friends.  Look how early I am in making a Valentine's Day card!   I had this an idea for a heart shaped easel card and decided to try it out before I forgot about it. 
 I cut the card base using the heart from Gypsy Wanderings by Cricut.  Then created the scallops around the top heart with a scallop border punch.  I found the easiest way to do this, for me, was by cutting a slit into the flat side of each scallop then giving the whole strip a light misting of water.  I am able to then mold the border around the curves of the heart.

I used the latest sketch from Card Patterns as my starting off point.
(hint) turn it sideways and squint.

14 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Michelle - love your creativity in using the challenge :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! Love it. Miss ya girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card ! Thanks for joining us at Cardpatterns this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Michelle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a shaped easel card. Great colors too.
    Bernadet
    http://bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS CARD!!! I love your heart shaped easel card and the paper is fabulous! TFS! Thanks for joining us in the challenge over at FCCB!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I super stinking love the easel and heart mix. Stunning card. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    Be blessed, Beckie
    FCCB DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your top 5 pick. Just fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous!!! Congrats on making our Top 5 at FCCB! Well deserved! I would love some further details on how you did the base and attached it to the back. You have inspired me to make one! If you get a chance could you please email me or leave a comment on my blog with further instructions? I would really appreciate it!

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT & follower)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete