Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Loving Lovely as a Tree

I finally decided to mount up my Lovely as a Tree stamp set and wowsers am I ever glad I did!
What fun I have been having with the endless possibilities of this set.
On the first card, I gold embossed the trees, then whipped out my trusty brayer. I love the effect the brayer gives, but boy is it hard on the hand. I am still having thumb issues since August so it was a bit painful to create the back ground, but well worth the effort.


Here's a close up of the trees and you can really see how well the brayer blends in all the colors of the sky.


My card group wants to make some Christmas cards at our next meeting. So this is the card that started it all. I know it's not all Stampin' Up, but this paper went so well with the feel of the card.

I even went way out on a limb and used stickles for the few ornaments on the tree.


The girls are always wanting to make some masculine cards so we will be making this card as well.


And here's another that can be given to a man, woman or child. It's beautiful!! I am very proud of this one. Notice the fold of the card and the little pine cones on the inside.


I added quite a few layers


A close up for your viewing pleasure. I created the back ground using a sponge. Didn't it come out great! (tooting my own horn here)


I had seen a card similar to this one on one of the convention display boards and wanted to give it a try. So simple with such striking results.


Another close up. This technique is called reflection and you can find the tutorial on Splitcoasters. Isn't it the coolest!


I thought I'd let the Club Girls try this card out too. I wonder how many will want to purchase the set once we are done.


I used Iridescent Ice on the trees. Very pretty!



Have a glittery fun day and thanks for stopping by

Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Wow Michelle!!! All of these cards are gorgeous and you have every right to be tooting your own horn. These cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all and I am so gald you are back to creting the awesome cards that I know you can do. I quess your back is better. LOL!!!! I can't wait to see them in real life as I am sure they are jaw dropping beautiful.

    Hugs,

    Vivian Swain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm loving these trees. I can't wait to see what else I'm going to find on your site! - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle.....woo hoo, what beautiful cards!!! It's about time!!!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez Michelle, these cards are fabulous! Love the ones you did with the Lovely as a Tree set...with the brayering (you've got that down!), and the reflections. Gasp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Michelle. These are all lovely! I need to try a couple of them myself. I've had this set for years and don't use it near enough.
    Take care, kathynruss

    ReplyDelete