Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

New sets and a dentist

Here is a new set that I came home from convention with. Eastern Elegance. I combined it with the Bella Rose papers, ticket punch, scallop punch brads, white gel pen and ribbon. and voila...a lovely card. But of course it didn't just throw itself together. There was some cutting and adhering going on in the background.Well, not a new set, but a set that I am continully drawn to. I saw this card done somewhere and I thought I had kept the gals name. If it's you I cased, let me know so I can put a link to your site. This card got some faux stitching which I found very easy to do. I colored in the ribbon slide using a sharpie. I noticed it was the wrong color pink, but at that point it was too late. I hope you like it anyway.
This cutie pie card was cased from a card that was on display at the SU convention. I love this set and was lucky enough to win it at the Late Night Stampers pre-Convention party YAY!
The main design was embossed with white then pounced with lovely lilac, the same was done with the smaller medalion. The last flower was also white embossed but then colored in with LL and a half pearl in the center makes it very pretty. The purple background was created using the barouque motifs wheel.
On a personal note, I spent 2 hours with my mouth open at the dentist office, again. I have a temporty crown in just waiting for my permanent one. Then you know what goes and happens?
I break another tooth. This time on the top but on the same side. So I guess I'll be chewing on my right side for awhile. 2 hours...crazy! Another thing that was bothering me. Why doesn't anyone tell me what they are doing iin my mouth. All I get is, 'open and relax your tongue'. Have you ever been able to relax your tongue when someone has five unknown objects in your mouth and you know one of them is spinning and it's gonna take a huge gouge out of your tongue...there ain't gonna be no relaxing in my mouth! To celebrate living through the 2 hour toture, I ate two bowls of chocolate pudding with whipped cream..mmmmm gooood!



Michelle Bowley

4 comments:

  1. I am a hygienist..that is a good point, but I love the idea of eating chocolate pudding w/ whipped cream..yum..good way to end your appointment day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you'ld quit eating those frozen M&Ms you wouldn't be breaking your teeth! Geesh!!!

    I was sitting there in your movie theatre watching Batman, chewing on Milk Duds and my bridge came out. Now whenever I chew food, I have to be careful because its loose! I need to make an appt. to have it glued back in place! But I'm dreading that!

    Beautiful cards!!! I'm so envious! Wish I could sit at home eating chocolate pudding with whipped cream and stamp all day!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I hate sitting in the Dentist chair. Love your cards they are great! Keep em coming..

    The pudding sounds delish..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Michelle, I say that everyday. Well 4 days a week. I will remember to tell people what is going on, "we have 5 things in your mouth and one is spinning very fast"....LOL
    Hope this next week goes better.

    ReplyDelete